Folate is a key component in the body’s methylation cycle, a series of biochemical reactions that play a beneficial role in multiple body systems. Heart and brain health, cellular energy production, fat metabolism, liver detoxification, and bone health all rely on a healthy methylation cycle.
Approximately 60 percent of U.S. adults have a genetic variation that makes it difficult for their methylation cycle to function optimally. For these individuals, methylated vitamins, like Thorne’s 5-MTHF, provide essential nutritional support.*
Benefits of Thorne’s 5-MTHF:
- Nutritional support for individuals who have an MTHFR gene mutation*
- Supports production of key neurotransmitters – serotonin, melatonin, dopamine, and epinephrine – natural brain chemicals that play an important role in regulating brain function and mood*
- Promotes cardiovascular, brain, and bone health by maintaining a healthy methylation cycle and a normal homocysteine level*
- Supports healthy fetal brain and spinal cord development*
- Promotes blood and nerve cell health*
Features of 5-MTHF:
- Suitable for individuals who have an MTHFR gene mutation*
- Active, methylated folate (5-MTHF) means your body gets the highest benefit with the least additional work
- 1 mg 5-MTHF is recommended for support of fetal development during pregnancy*
- Easy-to-take, small capsules
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.